Risen was one of those games you really looked forward to because the press hyped it up. It looked really good and had a solid Studio behind it (Piranha Bytes) that made the Gothic game series. But when it was released it kinda just came and went. It never reached the high praise like Gothic and The Elder Scrolls series. It had some issues and people even got stuck.
But now! It seems it had a decent enough following for them to re-release it on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch. It has even been updated with new stuff like:
- Full gamepad controls and reworked user interface.
- Divided into four chapters, letting you decide which side you will join.
- Over 20 different spells to choose from, cast either through scrolls or runes.
- Fully seamless world streaming support—no loading screens.
- With each level, your character will learn and improve their skills.
- Countless side quests and creatures to discover.
- Over 60 hours of immersive open-world gameplay.