EA has decided to shut down Apex Legends Mobile. The game servers will be terminated on May 1st 2023.
The reason for the shutdown is the content pipeline for Apex Legends Mobile has begun to fall short of that bar for quality, quantity, and cadence. For this reason, after months of working with the development partner, EA decided to sunset the mobile game. It was apparently a mutual decision with the game developer partner.
Another thing worth mentioning is that there will be no refund of any sort for in-game purchases. And all in-game currency already purchased can not be refunded but still be used until May 1st.
Here is the official FAQ
What will happen to my in-game purchases?
- All of your purchases will remain in your account for you to enjoy until 4 PM PDT on May 1, 2023.
What will happen to my in-game virtual currency?
- Your existing in-game virtual currency balances will persist in your account and can be spent on in-game content between now and 4 PM PDT on May 1, 2023. You’ll be able to enjoy all previously purchased and unlocked in-game content throughout the ninety (90) day sunset period as well.
Can I get a refund?
- We will not be providing refunds for real money purchases, per the terms of the EA User Agreement. For any other refund requests, please contact the third party platform you purchased game content from, e.g. the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
When will servers go down?
- Servers will cease operation at 4 PM PDT on May 1, 2023.
What will happen to the Apex Legends Mobile Webstore, and Apex Legends Mobile content offered for sale on third-party Web Stores?
- The Apex Legends Mobile Web Store will no longer be accessible, and all game content sales on third-party web stores will no longer be available.
What does this mean for Apex Legends on other platforms?
- This decision for Apex Legends Mobile is platform-specific, and is independent of the game on PC and Consoles. As a franchise, Apex Legends is strong and we’re looking forward to sharing exciting updates in the future.